I need to rant because this game is pure trash, so here goes. 101 things wrong about Modern Warfare 3 (Note: it may not actually be 101 and I won’t list all of them at this one time):
1. The amount of overpowered weapons. There’s a reason people only use 4-5 weapons. Change this. Make a more balanced weapons list.
2. The amount of camping spots and dark corners. This is just asking for ridicule. Why help out the inexperienced players by allowing them to camp? Let them learn how to get better.
3. The players. Parents, do not buy this game for your child under any circumstances. It forces the older players to have to deal with immature children and it exposes them to mature content. It’s no bueno all around.
4. Cheap = win. Play fair? Nah, why would I do that when I can use the best gun with the best attachment while sitting in a corner and still dominate? Only the best players out there can play absolutely fair and still win.
5. Lack of teamwork. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been this close to capturing a flag only to die at the last minute. Even worse is that my teammates were only a few feet away, yet still unwilling to help me cap a flag and ultimately help our team win.
6. Which brings me to my next point; selfishness. Wins are what matters, not kills. Tell that to the average Call of Duty player and you’ll be shot down with the good ol’ K/D ratio argument. BUT, BUT, MY K/D IS BETTER THAN YOURS.
7. That’s not the players fault though. That’s the developers fault for putting in such asinine things such as killstreaks and MOABs. Why can’t we just have a friendly game where you simply try to win? Not try to get the most kills or to get a Nuke/MOAB/whatever they’ll it next.
8. Worse than that is stackable killstreaks. Luckily, it’s not as bad as it was in Modern Warfare 2, but it’s still a dumb idea.
9. The lack of variety in the maps. Go on Modern Warfare 3, look at the maps, and tell me how many of them have the colors brown or green in them.
10. The shoddy connection. I would say that an astounding 25% of the games I play end abruptly either due to server disconnect or losing the connection to the host. DEDICATED SERVERS, PEOPLE.
11. How much of a role your connection plays. A fast internet connection is almost a surefire way to do well in Call of Duty. There’s a huge difference between a the first and second tiers of connections.
12. The lack of communication with Infinity Ward. You want Double XP? Sure. You want us to fix the game? Fuck off.
13. DLC. So much overpriced DLC. Give us weapons and new game modes along with those maps and then we’ll talk.
14. Knifing. Random lunge-knife kills happen far too often for a game that doesn’t have the Commando perk. Couple that with very poor hit detection and you have yourself a broken knifing system.
15. The campaign. I beat it in 3 hours. Luckily for me I didn’t pay full price for this game.
That’s all for now. Don’t fret. The list goes on and on.